the lattitude fee
Lattitude Global Volunteering is a registered youth development charity and we work very hard to keep the costs of volunteering to a minimum. We do not make a profit out of our placements but we do have to cover the costs of staff, project administration, office administration and overseeing our programs. The fee volunteers pay helps cover the cost of:
- Processing applications.
- Assigning a paid member of staff to support them in pre-departure preparation.
- Comprehensive interview and matching process.
- Pre-departure event in Canada, briefing materials and guides.
- Food and accommodation for the duration of placements*
- In-country orientation
- In-country staff to provide support throughout the duration of the placement
- Fully comprehensive support network
- Volunteer pocket money**
- 24 hour telephone assistance.
- Research and development of our partnerships with placements and hosts.
- Running debriefing session upon a volunteer’s return.
* Food and accommodation provided by host in conjunction with Lattitude agreement. Some hosts in more poorly developed areas may require extra money for food contribution. Volunteers are made aware of situation well in advance
** Pocket money provided by host in conjunction with Lattitude agreement. Available in placements in better resourced countries. If volunteers are to receive pocket money they will be made aware in advance. It is not a ‘payment’ or reflection of work done.